Apple has released iOS 7.1 in a beta form for developers only, and there are a few UI changes that are found in the release notes. Betas for .x updates aren’t new, iOS 6.1 saw a beta as well as 5.1 (which actually saw multiple), so an iOS 7.1 beta was well expected. But what is new? Besides a good amount of under the hood changes to miscellaneous frameworks and APIs, there are some new accessibility changes and some minor UI changes. iDownloadBlog put a preliminary list of changes up which can be found below:
- instead of saying ‘No Missed Notifications,’ it now just says ‘No Notifications’ when NC is cleared.
- new Yahoo logo is now present in NC, as well as Weather app
- seems to be a number of bug fixes related to stability/performance
- new ‘HDR Auto’ feature in the Camera app
- new ‘Upload Burst Photos’ option in Settings app (Photos & Camera tab)
- new ‘Use Dark Keyboard’ option in Settings app (Accessibility tab)
Also, after installing it on my personal device I was able to spot a few different changes as well:
- Notification Center “Calendar” now has line indicating current time
- Lock Screen non-simple passcode keyboard has changed
- With Reduce motion turned on, multitasking now fades in instead of doing the zooming out/in effects.
Other miscellaneous things pointed out across the internet include:
- New animations for pinch to home screen on iPad
- New accessibility options for “Reduce Transparency” and “Darken Colors” which cause the dock and folder backgrounds to turn a dark grey
- The Flickr logo in Settings was changed to the current white version instead of the grey gradient from before
- Notification Center’s X and Clear buttons are now larger and easier to press
- Animations are slightly faster
So far, that is all that I personally have been able to notice. Nothing too major, but changes nonetheless. If you are a developer, you can head on over to the Developer Center and download the beta for your respective device. According to iH8sn0w on Twitter, today’s beta expires on Monday, January 13, 2014. We will keep you posted as any other updates are found.